The mission of GOTR of Western Colorado is to provide accessible programs that inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident.
Girls on the Run® is a 501(c)3 positive youth development program which combines an interactive curriculum and running to inspire self-respect and healthy lifestyles in pre-teen girls. Our core curriculum addresses many aspects of girls’ development – their physical, emotional, mental and social well-being. Lessons help girls make positive decisions to avoid risky adolescent behaviors. At the end of each 10 week program the girls run a celebratory 5K to experience the exhilarating feeling of accomplishment. However, at Girls on the Run, the finish line is just the beginning, as our ultimate goal is to provide the girls with tools and resources that develop their ability to think critically - a skill that will serve them well for a lifetime.
Our goal is to ensure that our programs are available to all girls - we don't want cost or transportation to be an issue. Our low registration fee and generous scholarship program, along with GOTR teams at more than 110 schools in Western Colorado (with more added each year), we are confident that we are reaching that goal. However, there is always room to improve and your generous support of GOTR through a Run Raiser donation will help us to positively impact more than 2500 girls each year in Western Colorado. Your Run Raiser donation will directly support the programming and scholarship needs in your community/county. We invite you to join us by helping us financially with as Run Raiser donation.
GOTR Participants - Here is how to Set Up Your Student's Own Run Raiser Page:
1. Click on "Click Here" to Join This Cause (at the top of the page)
2. You will be instructed to create a Pinwheel username and password (if you already have one from previous years, you can use that.)
3. Then you will be able to create your own page. Please note that if you have trouble inserting a picture regardless of the error message, try shrinking it to upload it.
4. When your page is complete you will be taken to a dashboard with your link which you can then share with others.
5. You can track all the donations made to your page on your dashboard.
6. Please print out your dashboard page with donors and amounts (please enter the total amount of online donations on your Run Raiser envelope) and turn it in with your Run Raiser envelope by your team's deadline.
Additionally, please include all online donations on the front of the envelope (either as one total, or individual donors), so that is not overlooked by the person totaling the funds.