Miles in Martinsville is proud to present a new event in partnership with the Martinsville Speedway. The Holiday Run Festival will feature two races and a walk, both starting and finishing on the Martinsville Speedway.
- YOUTH in MOTION 5K It is a celebration of and for the youth that have worked hard to complete the ten week season of Youth in Motion. For many of the young entrants, this will be their first ever running event. The race will include both young runners and seasoned adult competitors. The 5K course circles the roads surrounding Martinsville Speedway.
- SOUTHSIDE 10K. For those seeking to challenge themselves over a longer distance, we have a 10,000 meter offering. This distance is a great stepping stone for those runners who are considering stepping up to a half marathon or full marathon. The 10K course circles the roads surrounding Martinsville Speedway.
- 15K DOUBLE CHALLENGE. Run both the Youth in Motion 5K and the Southside 10K at scheduled times. Your 5K finish will be recorded by our timing company as you cross the finish line, and then be added to your chip timed results for the 10K. Runners must start respective races at prescribed times of 9 AM for 5K and 10AM for10K. Participants may use the time prior to the start of the 10K to stretch, rest and re-hydrate.
- ELIGIBILITY All races welcome runners of all ages and abilities.
- TOY WALK 5K Persons registered for Toy Walk 5K will not receive race shirt or be eligble for finisher awards. They may take advantage of pre-race and post-race festivities and be able to walk the course with the runners