Girls on the Run Greater Charlotte - Spring 2022 5K Registration
Girls on the Run Greater Charlotte
GET YOUR CHEER GEAR, NOISEMAKERS, AND SPIRIT FINGERS READY! A Girls on the Run 5K is unlike any other event, as everyone who has attended one knows. It's a celebration of and for the girls who have finished the Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole program's 8-week season. Their enthusiasm is so unbridled on the day of the 5K that they are sprinting around before the race. As the girls dance to warm-up music, get their hair "happied," and assemble with their teammates to join hands as they head to the starting line, positive energy abounds. Our 5K is a non-competitive event that will make you smile, and you will be glad you joined us to see this celebration of the infinite potential of our Charlotte GOTR girls!
All runners and walkers are welcome to participate in the 5K, which includes a t-shirt and a finisher's medal. Early bird registration ends on Thursday, March 31st, so don't miss out on your chance to register for the race at the lowest price!
At check-out, early bird savings and online registration fees will be applied automatically!
Please keep in mind that 5k t-shirts are limited in quantity and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
COVID-19 Guidance and Safety Measures
Our 5K volunteers, participants, and attendees' health and safety are our top priorities, therefore we're following all current CDC and local rules for this event, which include mandatory masking (while not on the course or eating/drinking) and social distancing. These guidelines are subject to change with the evolving situation. If you are sick at the time of this event, we encourage you to stay home and take care of yourself.
Please review these guidelines here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Face Coverings and Personal Protective:
- Our staff and volunteers will wear protective masks during check-in and registration.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings pre and post race at all times when walking around the race venue. You do not need to wear a mask during the race and while sitting at your post race location.
- Please be mindful of social distancing, pre-race, race, and post-race.
- Participants are encouraged to leave 6 feet between each other.
- We will use wave starts to limit participants at the start line.
- Registration tables will be 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer, disposable masks and first aid kits will be available throughout the course and race site.
Participant Best Practices:
- Don’t show up if you are feeling ill or have flu-like symptoms.
- Don't share fluids or post-race refreshments.
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the portable restrooms.
- Bring along tissues or a small towel if you need to get rid of some snot during the race.
- Do practice social distancing - ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
- Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Participant Arrival: 8:30am, Start Time: 10:00am, GOTR Village Closes: 12:00pm
- Whitehall Corporate Center, 3701 Arco Corporate Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273
Early Registration (02/21/2022-03/31/2022)
|5K||Adult (16 years old and up)||$25.00||Open|
|5K||Youth (6-15 years old)||$15.00||Open|
Online Registration (04/01/2022-05/11/2022)
|5K||Adult (16 years old and up)||$30.00||Open|
|5K||Youth (6-15 years old)||$20.00||Open|
In Person at all Packet Pick-Ups (05/12/2022 and 05/14/2022)
|5K||Adult (16 years old and up)||$35.00||Open|
|5K||Youth (6-15 years old)||$25.00||Open|
Day of 5K (05/15/2022)
|5K||Adult (16 years old and up)||$40.00||Open|
|5K||Youth (6-15 years old)||$30.00||Open|