We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run® is a 501(c)3 positive youth development program which combines an interactive curriculum and running to inspire self-respect and healthy lifestyles in pre-teen girls. Our core curriculum addresses many aspects of girls’ development – their physical, emotional, mental and social well-being. Lessons help girls make positive decisions to avoid risky adolescent behaviors. At the end of each program the girls run a celebratory 5K to experience the exhilarating feeling of accomplishment. However, at Girls on the Run, the finish line is just the beginning, as our ultimate goal is to provide the girls with tools and resources that develop their ability to think critically - a skill that will serve them well for a lifetime.
Girls on the Run of Snohomish County is excited and eager to empower more girls in our community! Thanks to the support of our community, over 1,600 girls in Snohomish County have learned critical life-skills and practical tools they can use to make healthy decisions about their own lives.
Your monthly contribution, gives a girl a place to belong. A place to learn and grow. A place where her voice and ideas matter. A place where she can be a goofy kid and play fun games. A place to run, walk, and skip her way to the finish line.
How your monthly contribution will impact girls in our community:
- $50 a month provides all program supplies for 12 teams
- $37 a month covers the full cost of one girl for an entire Girls on the Run season
- $18.75 a month covers the cost of healthy snacks for an entire team for a season
- $10 a month provides finisher medals for 60 girls at our 5k
- $5 a month provides a pair of new running shoes to one girl
- Any amount supports girls in our community!