Some girls are born with it, others, not. What if a girl had the knowledge and understanding of self worth and being mindful? What if she had the confidence to set goals and work towards them, crush them, or fail, but not without trying?
This is why Girls on the Run is so important to me. GOTR helps girls build self confidence, learn mindfulness, stand up for themselves and others and so much more. Yes, there's a run, but the lessons learned are beyond running. This foundation allows girls to know that they have worth.
Now, imagine the girl living in the underserved area, an area you might have never been in, myself included. This is why I’m hiking two 14ers. I don’t even hike, and camping? My idea of camping is being on the beach, like at a resort, really.
The girls in underserved communities need your help. With your donation, GOTR can branch out to even more areas within north city, county as well as smaller communities surrounding St. Louis. I'm not going to lie, nearly 100% of the girls in these communities are only able to participate in GOTR because of these scholarships and 100% of your donation goes to these scholarships.
Let’s break it down:
- $25 can buy you two glasses of wine - it can also give two girls healthy snacks for an entire season!
- $50 can buy you dinner - it can also provide a pair of athletic shoes so she can start building confidence and strength! Remember, she probably doesn’t have running shoes.
- $75 can buy you a pair of Lululemon leggings on sale - it can also provide healthy snacks for an entire group! Good eating habits pay off, mentally and physically, you know that!
- $175 can buy you 2 bags at WholeFoods - it also sponsors ONE girl for an entire season. Imagine how she’ll feel when she has the confidence to run her first lap and learn that her worth is not how many likes she has on Instagram.
- $350 can buy you a Gucci belt - it can also sponsor a girl for an entire year or TWO girls for a season. She or they will learn how to embrace differences and weed out the bullies in their lives - a lesson that will be with her/them for life!
Helping Girls become Strong Women starts with confidence and determination.
Help me help them!